We love that Kindermusik has never been a “one size fits all” program. This has never been more true than with our new curricula.
While Kindermusik is generally divided up into several core levels, you have choices, depending on your child’s developmental stage and chronological age, your goals for your child, what scheduling you might need, and the experience you want.
Kindermusik is all about the right experience at the right time. Since those early years of childhood go by so quickly, we encourage parents to linger and enjoy each level, since each one provides such a rich foundation of learning that is exactly what your child needs at this exact moment. That’s what being developmentally appropriate means. And don’t worry, our new curricula offer you maximum flexibility to move up to the next class level when you – or your child! – are ready.
For BABIES (0s and 1s) … Cuddle & Bounce
This class is just right for our newborns, lap babies, and crawlers – the younger ones who aren’t yet walking – along with their special adult.
With age-appropriate activities for newborns, infants and crawlers, this parent-child music and movement class will help you strengthen those early parent-child bonds, understand your baby’s development, and heavily focus on child development and communication with your baby. You and your baby will enjoy instrument play, dance, exploration time, and together time-and you’ll get expert advice and parenting resources based on the most recent research in baby development.
For Younger TODDLERS (1s and 2s)… Sing & Play
This class is designed for young toddlers who are on the go and ready to explore, with mom, dad, or grandma very close by, of course!
Get ready to sing, play, and move with your little one in this high-energy music class designed to be just right for children under two years of age. With the perfect mix of both parent-child joint activities and child-focused activities, you’ll be able to join right in on all the singing and dancing while also getting the chance to observe how your older baby or toddler learns on her own
Your child changes a lot in the toddler years, and this class is just perfect for your toddler who is learning to be independent and yet still loves – and needs! – special time with you.
This music-filled class celebrates the unique joys of your growing child. Each week your child will love singing, dancing, and playing instruments with you and her new friends and you’ll love helping her practice a wide variety of abilities such as gross and fine motor skills, turn-taking, social skills, and active listening.
If your preschool-aged child is developing a longer attention span, loves to share ideas, and is learning to wait his turn, this class will support and encourage his blossoming independence.
Each week in class we combine your preschooler’s natural love of music, storytelling, and imaginative play with age-appropriate activities that introduce early music concepts and foster independence, social and emotional skills, language growth, and self-control. We also connect you with other parents who share in the wonder of parenting a preschooler, especially when it’s time for everyone to join with us for our weekly Sharing Time at the end of class.
If your child loves being with friends and is ready to start building a strong foundation of musical understanding, he’ll thrive in the creative environment this class offers.
Along with singing and moving, children will explore a variety of instruments, engage in simple music ensembles, explore musical concepts, and enjoy multi-cultural and musical genre-based stories. The social, emotional, cognitive and physical benefits will spill over into all learning endeavors, setting the stage for school success. Parents join the fun and learning for a portion of the class.
For Your Budding Musician…Kindermusik For The Young Child ages 5 t0 7
What A Parent And Child Will Experience In Class
- Singing and vocal development — It may sound like a foreign language when a child sings “ta” and “ti-ti,” but this is the language of professional musicians and composers and getting young children ready to read and write simple rhythm patterns.
- Movement — See children dance expressively to music, giving them the practice they needs to coordinate their body movements to the sound of music. This kind of musical play not only improves musicianship, but physical coordination as well.
- Reading and writing — Young children will learn melodic notation and identify pitches such as the C, A, and D notes on the treble clef, plus rhythmic notation. Eventually even composing their own music.
- Focused listening — Children will learn to identify a range of orchestra instruments and their sound qualities, while also gaining an early awareness and knowledge of composers and masterworks in Western arts tradition.
- Exploring and playing musical instruments — Authentic percussion, string, pre-keyboard, and woodwind instruments expose children to the many choices for future musical study, and at the same time provide them with the opportunity to musically succeed before taking on more formal instruction.
For FAMILIES (0 – 7 yrs)… Wiggle & Grow or Laugh & Learn Family Style
For families who love to be together, our family style classes give you the music, the time, and the inspiration to enjoy and learn from each other.
Each Kindermusik family class is a happy shared experience full of singing, moving, cuddling, family jams, and more. You’ll love the time to explore, discover, share, make friends, and just be together as you learn and play together. From newborn to Grandpa and everyone in between, there’s room in a Kindermusik family class for everyone!