Level 1 classes offer young toddlers a stimulating environment to explore their new movement and language skills with a sense of security, comfort, and confidence. As your child thrives in a music and movement-driven environment, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other parents and caregivers and learn to use music to create and simplify routines at home.
Lesson plans are intentional and developed using a tested and repeatable formula. Individual activities within each lesson, such as greetings, story time, and instrument play, are strategically placed for maximum engagement. The establishment of repetition and rituals allows children to take comfort in knowing what’s coming, encouraging creative participation within the established framework.
Age Range: 1-2
Class Structure: 32 classes with new themes every 4 weeks.
Class Length: 45 minute class each week
Class Size: Class with no more than 12 children with parents
- Curricula–Children are introduced to early music concepts age-appropriate activities that foster independence, social and emotional skills, language growth, and self control.
- Learning Continues at Home — With the home materials, the learning continues at home with the child’s best teacher—the parent!
- Discovery and play with scarves, hoops, mirrors, and more
- Instrument play and introduction to basic music concepts such as high/low, fast/slow, and holding a steady beat
- Singing songs that include motions, repeated words, and different meters and modes
Skills & Benefits
- Heightened body awareness and beginning competence in self-regulation of movement
- Development of various basic gross-motor skills, fine-motor control, and coordination
- Growing ability to recognize and follow patterns in music and move to a steady beat, fundamental skills that have been linked to math and language
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and children, ages 1-2
- Class of no more than 12 children with parents
- 32-week semester with new themes every 4 lessons
- Weekly 45-minute class that includes new and unique parent and child activities
- Digital Home Materials—one for every 4 lessons.
Learn and play over 200 activities together by the semester’s end.
For additional information on tuition fees, terms and scheduling, please contact us at 315-737-7498.